Friday 25 May 2012

You've made my Maltese Cross!



Since the family has taken ownership of a Maltese puppy, I have joined the friendly circuit of neighbours walking their dogs along Bowling Green Road. I should say, braving their walk along Bowling Green Road!

Most motorists are oblivious to the 30 mph speed limit.I have taken photographs of 4 separate car crashes from Tull Way to Bowling Green Road, with my mobile phone. Residents have made me aware of many more crashes in the area. 
After a long campaign I got the grasscrete laid just west of the turning to Ashmore Green Road,
to park the police camera van. Amazing how the traffic calms down when the van is there once or twice a month.  Bowling Green Road has now become the most attractive route for all traffic wishing to dodge all the speed cameras and traffic lights spread across the rest of Thatcham.

It is now time to demand 24 hour speed cameras for Bowling Green Road.
I have submitted a question on this very matter to the next Executive meeting of West Berkshire Council.  

     

No comments:

Post a Comment