Monday 30 September 2013

A brief look at my Ward work and Shadow Executive Member for Highways & Transport work.

Letter sent to parents asking them not to park on residents garage forecourt when taking their children to Whitelands Park Primary School.  
From time to time, I take a look around the ward of Thatcham West, to see what has been done and what needs my attention! Taking photos is a handy reminder and when I get back to the office I can simply download the photographs from my mobile and email them to the relevant department for the appropriate action to be taken. Here is a selection of photographs showing what local residents have asked me to do for them.



Drains cleaned in Bowling Green Road.
Replaced old road name plates with modern ones.

I arranged for this new lamppost to be moved to the left because the resident couldn't get her car into the drive very easily, and neither could I.
The wires are showing, so the pole needs replacing.
                 
Just checking on the condition of the footpath network near Humber Close. The footpath was converted from a dirt track to tarmac to make it safer and cleaner for pedestrians to use.
               
Filled hole left by contractors with soil and grass seed for elderly resident.

Cutting back branches overhanging a house.
Planteda tree in Elmhurst Road.
A staggered junction sign that is actually staggered in BGR!
Cleared branches to get some light in.
Cut back the hedge along Bowling Green Road pavement..
Installed new concrete corners to stop vehicles damaging the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment